Action for Community & Environment is a registered charity (1149290) dedicated to bridging the ‘green gap’, and specialising in helping all kinds of local businesses ‘go green’.
Have a look at what we’ve got to offer and make sure to fill out the relevant quick questionnaire on each page or contact us if you’re interested!
What kind of business are you?
Waste management was primarily established to deal with public health concerns and the environment for the benefit of present and future generations whilst promoting justifiable economic sustainable development. Waste management culture has improved and evolved in recent years with formulated waste collection and recycling systems. Waste management obviously cuts across several institutional structures and policies as well as sector. Key to that is an integrated policy approach to deal with increasing waste generation from local residents at a time of cutbacks of resources to local authorities.
At Action for Community & Environment we work to collaborate with waste service providers and local authorities to support local businesses to:
- Improve recycling & waste collection
- Save money and be resource efficient
- Reduce their carbon footprint
- Reduce and minimise environmental hazards within their local communities
The Journal of Business Ethics (2010) found that most Small & Medium size Enterprises (SMEs) are unaware of the financial and brand benefits of going green. This means that many are engaging in unsustainable and expensive waste management practices, harming their image, their bottom line and the planet.
That is why we have launched this project to engage and work with local businesses, in order to empower them to make a positive change whilst ultimately improving their bottom line. As part of this we will be working with councils to provide extra incentives for improvements to the sustainability of participating businesses.
Our teams can:
- Promote green living, engaging SME owners over the environmental, brand and cost benefits of recycling more, creating less waste and litter.
- Produce a tailored engagement program that fits with your business needs, working in areas you are keen to increase your presence, spreading messages that fits with your corporate strategy.
- Undertake surveying and researching – delivering questions, research and analysis that fits with your business development requirements.
Here at ACE we aim to be use our expertise to give you one less thing to worry about as we work together to ‘go green’ – you can count on us to take care of any problems and work hard for the best outcome for your business.
If you’re interested, why not take a couple of minutes to fill out the questionnaire on the last tab or contact us?
The benefits of participating with our project include:
- Reduced costs through increasing recycling rates. As part of this we can help you manage your waste management services, to maximise efficiency and get the best deal possible.
- We are working hard to develop Council incentives, varying according to your locality, with final details coming soon.
- Attract more business (a recent Populus poll indicated that >70% of the public would choose to support businesses that could demonstrate a commitment to sustainability).
- Demonstrates a commitment to Public Service obligations (Social Value Act 2012) – particularly useful when working with the public sector.
- All businesses automatically join our Sustainability Network, where we keep you updated with new offers and developments as well as changes to relevant practices and procedures carried out in our project.
Although a relatively young organisation, we already have several successful campaigns under our belt:
As part of this partnership, ACE engaged with hundreds of local businesses across West & Central London to increase their resource efficiency whilst promoting the benefits to each individual organisation. We were able to work with local councils such as Ealing and Hammersmith & Fulham, as well as Carnaby, as part of our commitment to close the ‘green gap’ and push the sustainability agenda.
Impressively we were able to produce a 46% increase in recycling rates, which ultimately saved the participating businesses money. We all saw some good carbon saving figures.
Through this pilot scheme we were able to make good contacts with relevant authorities and implement real change, something we aim to build on with our new Sustainability for Local Businesses project.
Tell us about Fly-tipping
Not only is fly-tipping an environmental crime, it a serious issue that blights communities all over the country and costs local authorities a lot of money to sort out. Here at ACE we are committed to support local authorities sort out this problem when and where it comes up.
Please use the contact form below, and remember to upload any pictures that you might have!